Development of next-generation photoacoustic imaging techniques with unconventional spatiotemporal resolution, tissue penetration, and functional/molecular contrast.
- Y. Zhou, F. Zhong, JM. Lee, S. Hu, “Simultaneous imaging of amyloid deposition and cerebrovascular function using dual-contrast photoacoustic microscopy,” Optics Letters. 46, 2561-2564 (2021). (Featured by Spotlight on Optics) https://doi.org/10.1364/OL.419817
- V. Sciortino, A. Tran, N. Sun, R. Cao, T. Sun, Y. Sun, P. Yan, F. Zhong, Y. Zhou, C. Kuan, JM. Lee, S. Hu, “Longitudinal cortex-wide monitoring of cerebral hemodynamics and oxygen metabolism in awake mice using multi-parametric photoacoustic microscopy,” Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism, 41, no. 12 (2021): 3187-3199.
- F. Zhong, Y. Bao, R. Chen, Q. Zhou, S. Hu, “High-speed wide-field multi-parametric photoacoustic microscopy,” Optics Letters, 45(10), 2756-2759 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1364/OL.391824
- R. Cao, J. Li, B. Ning, N. Sun, T. Wang, Z. Zuo, and S. Hu, “Functional and Oxygen-metabolic Photoacoustic Microscopy of the Awake Mouse Brain”, NeuroImage, 150: 77-87 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2017.01.049
- B. Ning, N. Sun, R. Cao, R. Chen, K. K. Shung, J. A. Hossack, J.-M. Lee, Q. Zhou, and S. Hu, “Ultrasound-aided multi-parametric photoacoustic microscopy of the Mouse Brain,” Scientific Reports, 5, 18775 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1038/srep18775
- B. Ning, M. J. Kennedy, A. J. Dixon, N. Sun, R. Cao, B. T. Soetikno, R. Chen, Q. Zhou, K. K. Shung, J. A. Hossack, and S. Hu, “Simultaneous photoacoustic microscopy of microvascular anatomy, oxygen saturation, and blood flow,” Optics Letters, 40(6), 910-913 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1364/OL.40.000910
Integration of cutting-edge optical, photoacoustic, and/or ultrasonic imaging techniques with complementary contrasts for comprehensive assessments of cellular and molecular mechanisms in vivo.
FIBER-OPTIC IMAGING AND SENSING
Development of first-of-a-kind optical fiber-based miniature devices for minimally-invasive functional and molecular imaging and sensing of deep tissue in vivo beyond the reach of conventional technologies.
MICRO/NANO DEVICE FABRICATION
Fabrication of imaging and sensing micro/nano devices with ultra-high spatial resolution and unconventional properties using novel ultrafast laser-based 3D printing and writing.